- This event has passed.
Skills for Effective Parent Advocacy (Hastings)
April 24, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Parents, Grandparents, Caregivers: Skills for Effective Parent Advocacy
This workshop will explore skills parents can use to become more effective advocates for their child with a disability, including:
- understanding your child’s disability
- knowing your school district
- knowing your rights and responsibilities
- organize your paperwork to support clear and effective communication
- understanding the special education process
- knowing how to resolve disagreements
Presenter: Jessie Morton
MAF is requesting that attendees register by April 17, 2017.
All workshops are free and open to the public through Michigan Alliance for Families. Click here for the flyer for this workshop.
Michigan Alliance for Families (MAF) is an IDEA Grant Funded Initiative of the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Special Education, and Michigan’s federal Parent-Training and Information Center (PTIC) funded by U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP). For more on MAF, visit their website at http://www.michiganallianceforfamilies.org.